Sunday, January 07, 2007

2006 Year In Review

Here are my picks for the best 2006 had to offer:


ALBUM OF THE YEAR:

Jack Johnson and Friends - Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the Film Curious George
No album got as much play as this one in 2006. It was perfect for listening to while playing in the living room, having my diaper changed in the bedroom and without question while driving with Mom on the 101 home from school. No other artist soothed my soul or made me stop crying in stop-and-go L.A. traffic quite like Jack Johnson did.

BOOK OF THE YEAR:


Please, Baby, Please by Spike Lee, Tonya Lewis Lee, Kadir Nelson (Illustrator)
I've never related to a character as much as I relate to Baby. It's like reading about my own life. Spellbinding.


MOVIE OF THE YEAR:

Talladega Nights
I saw two movies in 2006, but only one made my laugh as hard as Talladega Nights. With Will Farrell, John C. Reilly and Sascha Baron Cohen together in the same movie - how could you go wrong?

HONORABLE MENTION:
The Break-Up - starring Vince Vaughn & Jennifer Aniston

VACATION DESTINATION OF THE YEAR:


ARIZONA
Despite the hellish heat this state has a certain charm. I thoroughly enjoyed my visits in 2006.






PARENT OF THE YEAR:


(tie) Mom & Dad
This was a close race.





RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR:

Burger Time, Palm Desert, CA.
There's no place I'd rather eat than at Burger Time. We stop there when we drive to and from Phoenix. It's about 2 hours east of LA in Palm Desert.